“Teen Wolf”: The show you can’t stop watching

Lizbeth Verdin

Teen Wolf fans know how important lacrosse is to the characters in the show.

It was the day after Christmas, during winter break when I laid in my bed, turned on the television and decided to start a new show. The show I chose consisted of six seasons, the supernatural, and the made-up town of Beacon Hills. Also known as “Teen Wolf,” this show of high school teenagers brings a whirlwind of emotions, death, and life changing events. 

“Teen Wolf” is a show created by Jeff Davis that aired from 2011 to 2017.  The show’s cast consists of Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien, Holland Roden, Dylan Sprayberry and many more. 

This show is about a high school sophomore, Scott McCall (played by Tyler Posey), who stumbles upon an alpha werewolf and gets bitten. Together with his best friend, Stiles Stilinski (played by Dylan O’Brien), they have to deal with other supernatural characters coming into Beacon Hills and threatening their home. 

One of the different aspects of this show is the time change. The title of the show is “Teen Wolf” which hints that these characters are teenagers. Most shows like “The Vampire Diaries” and “Pretty Little Liars” start off in a high school setting and then continue into college. However, in this show, time runs a little more slowly. The characters start off as sophomores and finish at the end of their senior year. 

“Teen Wolf” includes a lot of different supernatural characters that usually aren’t shown in shows including werewolves. It has a diverse set of characters. 

Senior Brenda Granados shares her opinion on how she feels about these kinds of characters. 

“I like that they didn’t have vampires,” said Granados. “I like that they added different details about supernatural characters, not like basic ones and not just werewolves and vampires.” 

Some of the many supernatural characters consist of werewolves, banshees, kanimas, werecoyotes, chimeras, kitsunes, and many more. There are many characters who are introduced throughout the show. 

The villains of the show are also diverse characters like an evil alpha werewolf, a controlled kanima, an alpha pack, a nogitsune, dread doctors, and ghostriders. Scott’s pack has to find creative ways to figure out how to get rid of the threats in his hometown. He allies with unlikely people and builds stronger friendships as he goes on. 

Overall, the show entices many favorable characters who the audience falls in love with. Senior Mary Serrato grew a liking to Lydia Martin, a banshee who can predict death for supernatural beings.

“In the beginning of the show, I didn’t like her, I thought she was a little annoying,” said Serrato. “But then as her character started developing and like showed more about her, I liked how she was as a person and her strength in the show as a banshee.”

“Teen Wolf” contains a lot of twists and turns from the beginning of the show to the end. The show keeps the audience hooked and interested after watching. Each season is about 10-12 episodes, so if the audience has commitment issues, there is less time invested in the show. 

Supernatural shows can be a joy to watch and “Teen Wolf” is relatable and funny at the same time.