Filed under Sports

Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Image courtesy of KSI instagram

@ksi

Image courtesy of KSI instagram

We’ve all witnessed drama between internet celebrities, but it would seem as though YouTube sensations Logan Paul and KSI have taken their feud to the next level by having an official boxing match between each other. The fight took place on August 25 in the Manchester Arena in England, attracting audiences all around the world. There was a lot hype for the fight, but none of it lived up to fan’s expectations. Fans simply didn’t appreciate the outcome of the fight, which was a draw, and some claimed the fight to be a scam.

When the fight was officially announced in February, both celebrities’ fan bases were shocked to discover that this match was actually happening. There was an overwhelming amount of hype that raised fans’ expectations for the fight. Predictions were being made almost instantly, but the fight in general had an equal amount of people rooting for their favorite YouTuber on both sides. Eventually, the fight came, but most of the excitement that the fans had prior to the fight had died as soon as it was over. After the fight ended, people began to speculate and rant about the match that finished with no winner.

Fans went as far as to say that it was rigged, claiming that it had been planned to be a tie. This would lead to a rematch which would be another chance to get more money out of people. Others just couldn’t believe that there was a tie after such a huge build up. Senior Selina Saleh was excited for the huge fight, thinking it was about a real beef between the two YouTube stars, but was disappointed with the ending. Saleh said, “Everything for the fans changed. We felt played and scammed. First it felt like they actually hated each other, but now it feels like they just did it for the money.” Although feeling robbed, Saleh continues to be a fan of Logan and is considering watching the rematch.

One of KSI’s fans, senior Nick Rodriguez, was also disappointed with the ending but says he’ll still watch the rematch. Rodriguez said, “I know this time is going to be pound for pound…I trust the hype for the rematch. As long as there’s blows being thrown I believe it’ll be worth it.” Despite the outcome of this fight, people are still willing to watch the next fight even though they were let down. Several fans believe that the next match will have a winner, which is why they want to watch it.

Many other people didn’t really care for the fight, one of those people being senior Jonathan Vargas. “I felt that the buildup to the fight was kind of childish with them throwing insults like children. For example there is a clip of Logan leaving an interview because he was offended. Also the fight itself ended in a draw which I feel shows that the fight was just for the money that it would bring the two YouTubers.”

Ultimately, this fight will remain memorable across the internet. Both sides have shared their opinions on the fight, but one thing that remains on people’s minds is the possibility that the fight may have been rigged. Knowing how much profit would be made from the first fight, it would only benefit both YouTube celebrities to prepare for a second fight in order to gain more; they would also gain more exposure and supporters for their YouTube channels respectively. This theory is to remain unconfirmed by anyone at this point, but perhaps the next fight in February of next year could provide some answers.

About the Writers
Jordan Avila, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Fun Facts:

I have four eyes.
My hair is 6 inches long.
I haven't grown since 7th grade.

Christopher Chavez, Staff Writer

Fun Facts:

My favorite bands are the Rolling Stones and the Beatles.
My favorite food is sushi.
My favorite show is Breaking Bad.

Fatima Escobedo, Staff Writer

Fun Facts:

I love dogs.
I like listening to Alternative music.
I love to watch horror movies.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?”

1. Carlos Rodriguez on September 14th, 2018 11:07 am

I think KSI for sure but I think the fight was rigged so they can have another fight in LA to get more money out of it.

2. Samantha Jimenez on September 14th, 2018 11:11 am

To be completely honest, I don’t keep up with either Youtubers, but I agree with the majority. From the clips and information I heard from the event, it definitely seemed like a scam or just an event that was way too overhyped and rigged. I feel bad for those who actually expected something worth their money, but perhaps the future rematch will be better. This article was also rather interesting to read as it provided the opinions of those who stand with at least one of the internet celebrities.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

Owner of the New England Patriots accused of soliciting prostitution

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

MCHS wins their first basketball tournament

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

2018 soccer recap

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

The NBA Ink Scandal

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

MCHS vs Chavez and Lorin Griset: It came home

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

Rams are #1 in the NFL

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

Nike and the Kaepernick controversy

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

Reflections on Canelo vs Triple G 2

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

Aliso Niguel vs Santa Ana: the aftermath

• Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?

Sports

Canelo vs. Triple G

Was the KSI V. Logan Paul fight real?