Although they are not common, unusual pets are still a unique aspect of a pet owners  life.
Unusual Pets!
May 3, 2024

Behind the beauty Part II

Behind the beauty Part II
Guadalupe Brito and Lola Gonzales

LOLA GONZALEZ: Welcome back to Behind the Beauty, my name is Lola Gonzalez.

GUADALUPE BRITO: And I’m Guadalupe Brito.

GONZALEZ: Once again we’ll be talking about makeup products and the latest trends within the beauty community. 

BRITO: We’ll give our opinions and advice so continue watching.

GONZALEZ AND BRITO: Now let’s get started!

GONZALEZ: So guys this month we used two new products, the first new product we used was the Huda Beauty Setting Powder and the second product me and Guadalupe used was the Creations Banana Setting Powder. These two products we bought are considered dupes according to the internet so me and Guadalupe wanted to test it and see if they’re really dupes and yeah. So before we start to give our opinions like we already tried them you know, we kind of already know so did you think these were dupes Guadalupe?

BRITO: No, I don’t think they are dupes. The Huda Beauty Setting Powder was $40 and the Banana Powder was $5. They do serve the same purpose but I don’t think the Banana Powder had the quality of the other one.

GONZALEZ: I personally think I wouldn’t use the Banana Powder. I had bad makeup days like after a few hours of being at school and using this powder, my skin was very oily and my makeup looked cakey, but when I used my fancy Huda Beauty Powder, my makeup looked very smooth and my skin was less oily than when I used the Banana Powder. I have very oily skin so that also might affect how the powders work different on your skin. But I feel like the Huda beauty really helped my oily skin not appear as oily. It was oily throughout the day even when I used the Huda beauty but it was like barely noticeable. So, if you have oily skin, please I am begging you go buy it. The Huda beauty, it’s really, it just helped my oily skin so much.

BRITO: I noticed it too Lola, your skin looked so much better with the Huda Beauty Setting Powder. However, I have dry skin so I had a slightly different experience. When I used the Huda Beauty Powder, it dried out my skin. It didn’t feel heavy when I had it on, but I didn’t like the cracked skin that I was having. I still skin prepped beforehand and it didn’t make a difference. I don’t recommend it for dry skin, but I feel that it works well for oily skin.

GONZALEZ: Well I think we had different experiences, but if you’re planning to buy the Huda Beauty Powder, I feel that you should buy the mini size before you buy the full size because how Guadalupe said, or how she shared. We had different experiences so I feel like if you want to try it out first, you should buy the mini size. When me and Guadalupe went to Sephora. The mini was $20 and the full size was $40. I bought the full size because the worker told me that it was really good for oily skin, and like I had already been looking for like a setting powder that was good for oily skin so that’s why I bought the full size. It was kind of a risk because if it didn’t work well then that would’ve meant I would’ve spent a lot of more money. But that’s why I’m telling you guys, if you have like, if you’re not sure what your skin type is, I feel like you should buy the mini size because it is expensive since it’s not a drug store product so yeah. But overall me personally, I feel like it was worth the $40 since it made my skin look so much better. But like I said, it’s really up to your skin type; it might work differently if your skin is really dry and it might work differently if your skin is really oily.

BRITO: I disagree with you, I don’t think it was worth the $40. I do agree that you should try the mini size before you buy the full size because you may not like the results you get like I did. You should definitely research beforehand and think if you’re willing to spend that much money on a setting powder. We wanted to try a different product that may have a similar result for only $5 called the Banana Powder. How was your experience Lola?

GONZALEZ: How was my experience? I honestly did not have a good experience. I had a horrible, horrible, horrible experience. For $5 I guess I knew I shouldn’t have high expectations, but still I felt like it made my skin super oily like I said and it was super annoying to have to be applying powder every minute because of how oily my skin was. Something, like an experience I had was I ran the mile while wearing the Banana Powderand I’m telling you guys, my makeup looked so disgusting after. It was like disgusting. I was really surprised how bad it looked after because I had never had a powder do that before. Like I said, maybe it’s because I have really oily skin but even before I have used other drugstore powders and I felt like they didn’t give me such horrible results so personally, I feel like it was the Banana Powder. On the other hand, I recently actually ran the mile with the Huda beauty as well and after it, my makeup looked super normal. It was like how it looked before I ran the mile. So personally, I think the Banana Powder is not a dupe for the Huda Beauty but what do you think Guadalupe, do you think it was a dupe?

BRITO: I don’t think it was a dupe. My experience with the Creations Banana Setting Powder wasn’t as bad. It made my makeup matte but not to the point of drying it out. I liked the result but that may vary depending on your skin type. I believe it was worth the 5 dollars, for the price the amount is definitely enough. It is like half the size of the Huda Beauty Setting Powder. So yeah, what would you rate the products out of 10 Lola?

GONZALEZ: Personally, I feel like out of ten, I would rate the Huda beauty a 10/10. I feel like it was really worth it. 40 dollars though so yes it is pricey and the Banana Powder, I would give it a rating of 5/10. You know, I did not like it honestly, and I don’t really recommend it for oily skin.

BRITO: I would give the Huda Beauty a 4/10 and the Banana Powder an 8/10. I didn’t like the Huda Beauty’s result with its high price. The Banana Powder was more affordable and gave me better results. Also, something I liked about the Banana Powder was that it had a sweet smell unlike the Huda Beauty one that just smelled like powder even though it was in shade Pound Cake.

GONZALEZ: Well I guess we have different opinions, but I guess so. Yeah, let me do a quick disclaimer obviously. But don’t let our opinions bother you like I know I gave the Banana Powder a harsh rating but maybe if you guys try it out, it will looked super different. Like I said like a thousand times now, it’s really up to your skin type. I’ve heard like, you know. It works differently, like Guadalupe said she thinks the Banana Powder worked perfectly fine on her skin and she even herself thought it worked better than the Huda Beauty. So you know, it’s like everyone will have different opinions depending on their skin type. Like Guadalupe said, sometimes more fancy high store products aren’t going to work as well as drug store products. It depends on your skin type and yeah, just don’t let us affect you. Yeah guys, stay tuned for our next episode. This is a wrap up of this episode, and overall I did not think those two products were dupes. Although, I did hear a lot of people say so. I personally did not think that. But stay tuned for next  episode, we will be reviewing more makeup products. Overall, don’t let our opinions affect you and if you guys want to try these go ahead! I totally recommend you guys try these, all have different skin types and different opinions so yeah.

BRITO: Yeah guys stay tuned! I hope you enjoyed our podcast and try out the products that we talked about. Feel free to give us suggestions and recommendations on what products we should try next. You can find us around campus.

GONZALEZ: Wizards out!